How many of us listen to music while writing? Lets have a show of hands.
Wow, am I the only one? :D
Okay, hopefully several of you raised your hands. Music is like a form of writing, it expresses emotion. So I am going to do a post on my favorite writing bands.
Writing Bands: Noun
-Bands that are good to listen to while writing.
(Just to clear up any confusion when I mention "writing bands."
Band 1: This is my personal favorite band, not just writing band. Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, the Fray! (How to Save a Life plays softly in the background) Here is why I think the Fray is amazing to listen to, writing or not.
-Their songs are literally emotion to a tune. I want to cry through most of their songs. Or laugh. Or sing on the top of my lungs so that people in the streets go, "Shh...Is someone dying up there?!" and point to my window.
-They are a Christian non-Christian band. You don't have to worry about curse words or inappropriate themes when you listen to them.
-They are the Fray. 'nuff said, right?
Best songs from the Fray:
-Hundred: How to Save a Life
-Vienna: How to Save a Life
-Trust me: How to Save a Life
-Little House: How to Save a Life
-I can barely say: Scars and Stories
-Munich: Scars and Stories
-The Wind: Scars and Stories
-Syndicate: The Fray
-How to save a life: How to Save a Life
-Over my head (Cable Car): How to Save a Life
-Say When: The Fray
-All at once: How to Save a Life
-Look after you: How to Save a Life
-Fall Away: How to Save a life
(I know, that's practically all their songs, but, what's not to like?)
Jordan's confessions:
I listen to my iPod at night. (Don't tell) The Fray's How to Save a Life album? I listen to the whole thing every night. That's twelve songs. *sigh*
Band 2: Bastille. They have a theme for being, uh, on fire. Pompeii? Things we Lost to the Fire? Really? Could they be any more, not subtle? Un-subtle? In-subtle? Not subtler? Whatever. Could they be any more unsubtle? (That must be a word, the computer didn't auto correct me!)
-They have good lyrics and catchy tunes. Instead of being emotion packed, they are totally random (or maybe not so random...) and have a heart-lightening effect.
-He has a good voice.
-The music is AMAZINGLY AWESOME.
-They are British. You start to sing…in a British accent. No joke.
Favorite Songs From Bastille
-Things we Lost in Fire: Bad Blood
-Pompeii: Bad Blood
-Bad Blood: Bad Blood
Band 3: Ingrid Michelson. Full of emotion and piano and classical instruments. Ah.....
-Better love songs than Taylor Swift.
-Better tunes than Taylor Swift.
-She isn't Taylor Swift. 'Nuff said.
Favorite Songs from Ingrid Michelson
-Lady in Spain: Be OK
-This is War: Human Again
-Everybody: Everybody
-In the Sea: Human Again
-Ribbons: Human Again
-You and I: Be OK
So there you have it: My favorite writing songs and bands. Let me know what your favorite writing bands/songs are in the comment box! (That's what it's there for!)
Click here for the downer of listening to music while writing according to another author.
Happy Writing! (and listening)
Scarlet
Okay, just had to put a few more songs (not bands) I like to write to.
(Just asking, did anyone notice the girl stayed asleep for a full day?) This song is free on iTunes this week. If you wanted it. (Strong by London Grammar)
Love that song. Have no clue what it's about though. Traveling? Uh, life? (Pumpin' Blood by NONONO)
This is such a good song. I have absolutely no idea why I like it. :D (Cool Kids by Echosmith)
Okay, that really is all!
Happy writing!
Scarlet
Ooo...nice song picks. Vienna by The Fray actual sent shivers up my spine. x)
ReplyDeleteI love that one soooo much! :D Needless to say, I love the Fray. :)
ReplyDelete