Friday, 1 November 2013

Flooding!



A few posts ago, I talked about the models for my villain and the protagonist's side kick's side kick, and scratched the surface for my protagonist. So, without further ado, my protagonist and side kick.

Protagonist
I debated using Amy Pond as my protagonist, but decided not to, as I can not stalk her. :) So who do I know better than anyone? Me, of course!

Karen Gillan (Amy Pond from, dun dun dun....Doctor Who. Duh!)

So what am I like? A Texan, brown hair, green-eyed thirteen year old girl with a strange nerdiness about me. (I mean, I want to be an author. That's pretty darn geeky.) I like books. A lot. I enjoy exploring London, and trying new things. (To a certain extent. I did try escargots in Paris. Give credit where credit is due, people.) I really like Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, and a new favorite, Merlin. (T.V. shows) Out of my three sisters, I always seem to be in trouble the most...Not to linger on that point. School is boring for me, except for reading and writing. Wonder if school is boring because I'm impatient...

What will my protagonist be like? She'll be the girl I never was (Love that clause) living in a made up forest with made up friends and a made up villain to defeat. She'll look like me, talk like me, think like me, but she'll have a more mysterious, sad element to her that I don't have. She'll be more serious than me, with the side kick as the laughs. What'd ya' think? Good?

Oh...I forgot the best bit....her name. Hero Earthdaughter, as inherited from her father. But later in the book, she'll get a name makeover! :)

Side Kick
Cale Wildflame. (No name change needed.) They'll pair up, not for keeps, though. I'm considering killing him off later in the book...But it would be a shame to kill of her side kick... Here is who I modeled him after:
This is Merlin. Ladies and Gents, Colin Morgan.

So, Colin Morgan, my readers. Readers, this Colin Morgan, star of BBC Merlin. He is my physical model for Cale. Cale is literally a City boy, who runs off to the forest. (For reason's of his own. He doesn't like to talk about it. I'm still trying to get him to tell me why. He is like a clam who won't open up. I am worried for him…hehehe:)) So anyways, he is important to the plot, mainly because he will be funny and knows the City and it's tactics, him being raised there and all. 

It was really hard to find a suitable side kick for Hero because, well, the Doctor is copyrighted. :) 

Here are some of the others I considered:



Arthur Pendragon. The Knight of Awesomeness. Totally. 

David Tennant. The weirdest Doctor ever. The best one too, well one of the best. (Well…. Love how he does that!) 

The epic, truly epic, Capt'n Jack Harkness. The Doctor's unofficial companion. Some people claim this and this character are truly epic, but only one, no three, are: Captain Jack, the Doctor, and Sherlock Holmes as portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch. Period. (You could make a case for Mu-shu...What if I pop one of yo' antenees off and throw it across the yard? Who's the loser then, me or you?!)


Edmund, the best character in Narnia. Plus he has a cool name. Skander Keynes. I love that name.



Chris Ecc, the epic-est Doctor ever. He is way too old to be Cale, but I couldn't resist putting him on here! :)

We all know the best-portrayed villain, maybe second only to Moriarty,  Tom Hiddleston, or commonly known as evil-dude-with-the-glow-stick-of-destiny, Loki. In this picture he actually is smiling a not-evil smile. :)

Anyone notice how five Doctor Who characters made it on here...

I am debating using one of these as my science geek dude without a name (In the previous post). Which one would you choose? Right now I am leaning towards Capt'n Jack Harkness (as a model, not a character's behavior and the like). I also need another guy to portray a gentle, Mr-Bingley-kinda-guy. I thought I'd choose Skander (Love that name!) or Branson. (I might even change his name to Skander...)

And now, you are all wondering where in the world were my other protagonist finalists, so:
This is Morgana Pendragon from Merlin...she rocks....until she turns evil...but whatever.



Molly Hooper, sooo sweet but also can step up and be a fighter. She assistes Sherlock's death...or his not real death...the suspense is killing me! :) (Season 4 not too far away!)


Sybil, dearest! Please, Julian Fellows, you are almost as bad as Moffat! She is the 'rebel' of the Crawley home, mostly because she becomes a nurse and marries Branson. Tom. I have got to remember to call him Tom. Not Branson anymore, Tom. Right. She marries Tom Branson, the chauffeur. Best romance ever! (Next to Gwen and Aurthor's but whatever.)
Gwen...Morgana's sevant and soon to be Arthor's wife. :) She is so epic with a sword, super sweet, and has awesome dresses. Win win, right?
Another Merlin/Doctor Who character, super awesome as both: Nimueh and Lady Catherine something or other. She is a professional their in Doctor Who. She rocked. :)
Of course, Meggie Folchart. (Inkheart) I love that sweater she has on! :)
Sorry to exhaust your capacity for Doctor Who but, ladies and gents, the best companion, Rose Tyler! Love her hair sooo much!
Susan Pevensie. a.k.a Awesome Girl with Bow and Arrow. She rocks. Period.
Again, Doctor Who. (What? They have sweet awesomeness characters!) River Song (Melody Pond...daughter of Rory and Amy...no idea why she goes by her mother's name...) Part Timelord. 'Nuff said.
Gwen from Downton....The cutest, best-est, way awesome-est maid ever! She was Sybil's maid...if you were curious.

Finally, you're thinking, she's done flooding us with a thousand pictures of people I don't really care about. Or have even heard of. (Any one else notice only one of these pictures was American? Meggie.) 

For all of you sadly uneducated persons, just google "BBC" and you have your answer. All of these (Excepting Meggie, of course) are in BBC or ITV productions. (British) What do they teach in schools these days?! :)

I do need a model for Raven. (Think science, awesome, timid, but brave when needed to be brave. Oh, she's a scientist if you were wondering. She wears glasses. 8)) (I'm such a dork...hehehe!) Please let me know which one fits that description. :) 

Happy Writing!
Scarlet

5 comments:

  1. SCORE! Colin Morgan rocks. a few things though
    1) Sherlock season 4 is very far away. season 3 however is coming out this January
    2) I'm sorry but you cannot model your characters after Captin Jack Harkness. Watch Torchwood, you'll find out why
    3) "Melody Williams that's a geogrophy teacher. Melody Pond's a superhero" that's why River Song goes by her mum's name.
    4) BRADLEY JAMES HAD BETTER BE IN YOUR BOOK. i mean not actually him, but someone like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatev. Capt'n Jack rocks. Big time. And Bradley James, eh. He could be or he could not be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't believe you just said that……………….. see, clove like him!! you rock clove!!

      Delete
  3. HYAAA! SKANDER!!! Yuuuah-buddy. x) Love the cast options, and I'm really glad I saw that pic of Arthur Pendragon. He's given me more of an idea concerning what I want for Hyn to look like... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch Merlin and you'll fall more in love with him! :) And I really enjoy the name Skander...it rocks. I am going to name my pet that....! :)

    ReplyDelete