So. Hey. I have been thinking about....Endings! (And no, no one has died, nothing has ended, and everything is all good. Well, one thing has ended. My no-questions streak in math class has ended. I had a whole lesson that I needed help on. Sad, I know...) So why exactly have I been thinking about endings?
Weeeeeellllll, through a very long and indirect process I began thinking about endings.
1) I was watching Merlin.
2) I thought about how I am on Season 2 and almost on Season 3 and there are only 5 seasons.
3) I got sad and was thinking about how much I hated TV shows to end.
4) I thought more specifically, "Why do books, movies, TV shows, etc. have to end?"
Result: I. Hate. Endings. Period, exclamation mark.
Why? They are always at the wrong time. I have never met anything with worse timing, those endings. They are always far to early. Everything you want to happen can't happen. At all. It's like having a best friend die. The worst part of reading a book is that you have to finish it. You have to close the book after 600 pages of bliss.
So, endings. I read the last book in the Eragon series, waiting for Murtagh to finally stay with Eragon, Eragon on his little island with the dragons, and Arya to finally, finally marry Eragon. (P.S when Angela was knitting a hat on the steps of the palace when Eragon goes to tell Nusauda goodbye, Eragon asks what she is knitting. She says, "A hat. It says 'Raxacori-----Never mind. You won't understand anyways." Well what she was going to say was 'Raxacoricofallapatorius'. It's is a Doctor Who planet. Awesome name right?!) (If you don't believe me, in the second/third book in the Author's note, he says, "My only excuse is that the Doctor can travel anywhere, even in alternate universes! Hey, I'm a fan too!" I love this guy. Period.)
But I digress. Yes, I was waiting for all the afore mentioned things to finally happen, and I realized the sad, cold truth of it. There were not enough pages for all I wanted to happen to happen. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( }:(
And then I really am sad. Really, really sad. So this post was kind of just a rant about how I hate endings. If you couldn't tell, I was feeling sad because I finished a book. Which is always sad.
So write your endings at the right time, writers!
Happy Writing!
Scarlet
Hehe, three cheers for four stories, whose endings I didn't mind - the Mysterious Benedict Society trilogy, the LOTR trilogy (because...it went on...in the Appendix...with its 100 plus page glory...about...the bloody...Shire...), Fahrenheit 451, and HERODOTUS. Satan in Hell, that book was horrible. XD
ReplyDeleteHehe! I love the Mysterious Benedict Society! :) Never read the Lord of the Rings, though. I started but I think I fell asleep after the first page. :)
ReplyDelete