Monday, 11 November 2013

Review 0003: The Hunger Games- Things that need to be said

I know I already did a review on the Hunger Games, but I thought of some other things about it...

Things need to be said about this book. One, Suzanne Collins is such a good writer.

Okay, think about. Actually think about her writing. Name one time when you did not feel the way she wanted you to feel. When Katniss goes hunting with Gale, you want her to keep that up. When Prim gets picked for the Games, you want, no need, Katniss to volunteer. When she is crying (like, just think of any Capitol scene) you feel like crying yourself. See what I mean? She makes you feel how she wants you to feel. Not convinced?

Go back to the second book. When Peeta, Katniss, and Johanna are in the elevator, and Johanna's stark naked, think back to that scene. Okay, got it playing in your head? Now think of how Peeta laughs at Katniss and how the other victors are being all weird to her because she is "pure". (Whatever. She killed so many people…) Got that scene on a loop in your head? She starts to cry and is way mad at Peeta.

I was reading that passage with a look of, "Huh? Why is she mad?" Yes, I even spilled some tea on me. (Cranberry and Elderflower.) Then, of course, I was all like, "Peeta! You are SOOOO rude! Why did you do that!?"Point proven. Suzanne Collins can twist your emotions so much you don't even know why you are crying, laughing, or doing what your doing.

You are Play-doh, she is the sculptor.

Oh my gosh! Everyone stop thinking, reading, watching the Hunger Games. Suzanne Collins is a Silence! She subconciously tells you what to do! You forget it though, the second your not looking at the book. Oh my gosh! The world is ending! Suzanne Collins and the other Silence will take over the world by ordering us to play in games called the Hunger Games and kill other kids! Please, for the love of saving the world, stop associating with the Hunger Games! Wait for the Doctor, please, please, pleeeeeaaasssse!

An hour later:
I can't contact the Doctor! Look at your psychic paper already Doctor!

A day later:
Thing number two that needs to be said will be said.

What in the world was Suzanne Collins thinking!? The dramatic, dystropastrean ending? The grand finale turned into the grand what-did-I-just-read situation. Prim dying, the mom leaving Katniss? Gale staying in District 4? And let's not forget Finnick. And who cryed when Rue died?

To quote the Doctor (the best ever, the always epic, Chris Ecc) "Just this once, Rose, everyone lives! Everyone lives!"

Yeah, uh, Suzanne, my dear, you really should take that to heart. Maybe everyone can live just this once? *glares at Stephen Moffat* Don't think you can get away with it either, Moffat!

Where was I? Oh yes, thing that needs to be said number three.

The Hunger Games. I read it up till 11:30 at night. (In Florence!) The thing is, after completing the whole series, the appeal has just, rubbed off. The first book still rocks, the second book, not to epic, the third, made me not want to read the series again. I probably will. *sigh*

The book was a short lived one. We all remember that feeling when you first read it. Now though? Yeah, uh....Not so much. I could actually live with out reading it. Okay, maybe not.

One more thing needs to be said. It was a good book. Engaging plot, endearing characters, a fresh writing style. Everything was awesome about this book, except the afore mentioned things.

If you did not read the review on Hunger Games, click here and here.

Let me know what you think is wrong (or right) with the Hunger Games or what you liked. Comments will be greatly appreciated in my campaign to prove Suzanne Collins is a Silence. :)

Happy Writing!
Scarlet

2 comments:

  1. Ahahhh...well-said! And thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I realized that in my previous review, I did not really give all the cons or the pros. :D (And your welcome. :))

    ReplyDelete