Monday, 2 December 2013

Aiyayi!

So I've been gone a long time from the world of the Internet. Hotels do not have good Internet, as you can imagine, when three people are using it and one more is trying to use it, plus all those other people staying in the hotel. So, short story long, I have had no internet for the past five days. Yeah.

So, hey. Thanksgiving, Vienna, coldness, yummy food, German speaking people who are not German but are Austrian, Lucy and Desi and Vivian and William, a Vincent Van Gogh painting (With no  face in it, unfortunately) and some kinderpunsch. That just about sums up my past five days. Oh, and concocting one short story and about fifty possible Doctor Who episodes. :D

This has nothing to do with writing, by the way. Just some life tips if you write about Vienna.

I will not tell you the particulars of Vienna, I'll leave that for Addison. Here's the highlights and the lowlights.

Highlight: The food was awesome. The drinks were awesome. Now don't start being all "Jordan, you can  get wata' and coke anywhere. Just who you think you're foolin'?" Austrians sure know how to make drinks. Ever heard of Almdudler? (Alm doodler) Thought not. It's an Austrian drink. They call it soda but it has almost zero fizz. Plus kinderpunsch is good. And warm. (Kinderpunsch is kids punch) So delicious on a day where it is practically zero degrees out. :D

Another highlight: We got some good hot food at this Christmas market, a very busy Christmas market. We shared a table with a German lady. She told us (In German) what the food was and kinda began talking to us. In German. We talked to her in English. And it was like we understood exactly what the other was saying. No joke, she was telling us what it was…I'm almost positive. And we were telling her it was delicious and she kept nodding and agreeing. Coincidence? I think not!

Sorry but one more highlight: We watched the Lucy-Desi comedy hour. So funny! If you have an hour…actually five and a half hours…watch "Lucy want a Career." But only if you have five hours. Cuz first, watch Sherlock, Merlin, Doctor Who and Downton Abbey, THEN Lucy-Desi.

Lowlight: It was so darn cold. Freezing! It was in the thirties and lower the whole time. Sad. And the worst part is, it didn't even snow. Well, it did, but more like drizzled snow. But the day or so before, it had snowed, and it still was on the ground so we made tiny snowballs and thew them at my dad. Fun, fun. :D

Another lowlight: No DW, Sherlock, Merlin, or DA for five days. Jk, the only one that was bad to not see for five days was Merlin. In the process of watching it and it dropped us at a really suspenseful bit.

So how was y'all's Thanksgivin'?

One more little tiny thing. After Thanksgiving dinner, did you all rush to put on Christmas music? I did. I listened to every single song on my iPod that was Christmas. (Which is about 12 songs. :D) So, on that note….

Wait….One more thing. I wrote/writing a short story set in Vienna, which will be out right after my Leeds castle story. It might be out in about a year. :D So on that note…

Happy writing, listening to X-mas music, and walking around the house saying "Almdudler. ALMdudler. AlmDUDLER." (Come on, I know you said it with different inflections each time. And walked around the house randomly saying "Almdudler." I know that cuz I did that too. *sigh*)
Scarlet

That Vincent Van Gogh painting had no face. Not sure if I mentioned that but….basically it was a GREAT Doctor Who episode about how Vincent could see this weird alien and blah, blah, blah….Basically it was a GREAT DW episode and if you have five and a half hours, watch this DW episode.

2 comments:

  1. Heehee, so THAT was where you were; I was getting depressed withoutcha! XD I can't wait for your story! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...Yes, out enjoying the bitter cold of Vienna. Poor me. :D Hopefully my story will be out soon. You know, if I ever get around to finishing it! :) Didn't have enough time to finish it in Vienna.

    ReplyDelete