Greetings from the great state of Texas! In my little mind palace, I thought that the flight would basically be like flying on a cloud, I’d breeze through the airport, the sun would be shining, and all in all everything perfect. Most of it was, but during the flight, I somewho managed to get melted chocolate all over my pants, and basically, was zonked by seven thirty. :)
But, I realize this has nothing to do with writing, but I like movies. And on the plane, I watched a bunch. So this is kinda a filler before a short story is done and Christmas. But, here are what I considered to be the top ten movies this year. (Next year will only be the top movie: DIVERGENT!!!!!! :D)
Yup, ten hours of movie watching. I did the math, and I realized I could potentially watch five movies. And I did. (You want to know which ones? Prepare yourself, innocent person who does something other than watch movies….After Earth, Man of Steel, Austenland, MU, and Blue Jasmine. The only two worth mentioning (to me) were After Earh and Austenland, though I will get to Man of Steel)
1. Hunger Games: Catching Fire
So, I am not a Hunger Games fanatic. I do enjoy it, but seriously, the only one I am a fanatic for is Catching Fire. The movie was amazing. Just no words. Mainly because of the romance in it, and also thats when I realized what Suzanne Collins was trying to do exactly. And I decided I hated Gale and that Peeta was obviously the better choice. You don’t believe me? In the third book, Gale was a jerk head. He had no feelings for Katniss’s breakdowns and pains. Replace Peeta in Gale’s position and Katniss probably would have been more mentally stable. Just saying.
2. Thor 2: The Dark World
Chris Ecc, Chris Ecc, Chris Ecc. (The Doctor, the Doctor, the Doctor) Thor in this movie was fine, you know, Thor-ish. Jane was eh, and Darcy was lol, and that intern, when he through those keys into that weird paradox thing and the disappeared? Way funny. Loki was the villain, and did a good job. But Loki wasn’t the villain. It was totally Malekieth who stole the show. (Come on guys, admit it) Malekieth was played by Chris Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor, and my personal favorite incarnation. So, there is just one more thing I have to say: the Dark Elves looked like evil Telly Tubbies. :)
3. After Earth
I have absolutely no idea if this came out this year, but I liked it. So the story was good, and of course, I love it when Will Smith and Jaden Smith do a movie together. I thought there was a good balance between action and sentiment. I really don’t have anything else to say on this matter except watch it.
4. Iron Man 3
Okay, I really think this came out last year, but who cares. It was good, in fact, I think it was my favorite Iron Man movie. So, it’s all wintery, cold. The usual. Funny, and strangely enough, a bit more sentimental than the others. :)
5. Catch me If you Can
MMk…this definetly didn’t come out this year, but I saw it this year, so that counts. :D Leonardo Di Caprio and Amy Adams…If you haven’t seen it, I recomend seeing it. It’s really clever (As my British friend says…) about this sixteen year old who imposters people and forges checks. It’s really, really clever. :)
6. Despicable Me 2
Me at the begining: Aw…Gru got a girlfriend!
Me in the middle: Aw…Margo got a boyfriend!
Me at the end: Aw…the minions are not purple freaks anymore!
7. Downton Abbey
Forgive my inner fangirl…this isn’t a movie…but it did come out this year, if that makes it any better. So, this season was emotional tramau. I don’t think you understand me…TRAMAU! Yes…tramau. I was inwardly crying. I almost physically cried. *Sniffs* *Begins howling like a baby, only the baby wouldn’t have the lung capacity to do what I did*
8. Doctor Who
*Cowers behind chair while readers tired of hearing about my fangirlness throws hard objects at me* Forgive me, this is another emotionally tramautically season of DW. On Christmas day (Yes Christmas Day) as a present from the devils at BBC, Matt Smith is going to regenerate. Well thanks, BBC. That sure topped my Christmas day.
9. Man of Steel
Smash, smash, mores smashing. Is it just me, or was the whole movie Zod smashing Superman through a building, then Superman smashing Zod through a building? Obviously I missed the main point of this movie. Regardless, I still enjoyed it. Whoever played Superman was very, very good looking. The only problem was, he had the face and ambiance of a cheeky sassy guy. I was expecting a bit of Iron Man mixed in with Superman. Ah, well.
10. Austenland
This was actually surprisingly funny. Keri Russel (Love that girl) starred in it and it was just really funny. I especially loved the airport scene where she climbs up on a random persons suitcase and basically shouts, “I’m done here” And then proceeds to be very pleased with herself. :)
So there you have it, my favorite movies this year. I’ll probably do one on books before New Years.
I have one more question. My dad takes each of us every so often on a “date night” (I.e. Dinner, movies, etc.) In March (March 21 to be precise) I want him to take me to Chicago for the Midnight Premier of Divergent. He already said a strong NO to that, so I just want him to take me to the midnight premier in London. How exactly should I do that? Blackmail?! :D
Merry Christmas and Happy Writing! (And watching)
Scarlet
No comments:
Post a Comment