Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Ho, ho, ho and all that jazz

Derp, derp, derp. Christmas Eve is here again, and just as long as it was when I was a wee child. :) So every Christmas Eve, all my close family go to my Grammy and Grammpy’s house to open presents. It’s more Christmas than Christmas Day to me! But, I digress. I was bored (As you are on Christmas Eve) and was all…”Oooh…A computer! Well, it looks sad. Me too, buddy. Me too.” *proceeds to hug it then realizes that is not culturally acceptable* *Starts blogging because it’s cultually acceptable*

I realize this is going to  be a meaningless time-squandering post, but bear with.

I decided to focus on my unusual experience at my church in London.

So, there was a Carols by Candlelight service at my church. And one of my close friends was going too! :) So all of us youth went to sit in the balcony (!!!). But me and my friend were enthralled by the wax that would drip….So I began blowing on my flame, as you do, to get a massive waterfall of wax.

My friend, on the other hand, was busy pulling out strands of her hair and burning them in the flame. You know, as you do.

At the end of the service, she then grew extremely jealous of my waterfall of wax (She was aiming for the same effect…only she didn’t really get it. :D) so to solve her waterfall-less candle she just broke mine off and melted it onto her’s. :D

But other than that, all went smoothly…except she and I, in our attempt to get a waterfall of wax, blew out our candles….But we always got them relit! (Luckily)

So that is the most unusual Christmas service I’ve every been to….

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year…and good Christmas services!
Scarlet

2 comments:

  1. So spiritual, Jordan, so spiritual. XD While most people are meditating on God and His incarnation, there's you - making wax waterfalls. XD
    I can't say I didn't try either, though, but I tipped mine over too far...and wax spilled on my bro's lap.

    Wups. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes. I am so bad. :D But hey, it's Christmas, right? I was just meditating in a different way! :)

    ReplyDelete