Thursday, 19 December 2013

Review 0004: Let it Snow

I return to my homeland of Houston tomorrow (Yay!) And I felt like I should get one more post in before Christmas. (I still have some short stories that will be out soon…no crosses!) And what is the best thing to do when you are sitting watching (possibly) the snow fall and you have a cuppa in your hand and perhaps carols in the background?! Curl up and read a book and sip your tea, of course! So here is my holiday book recommendation.

So it's all Christmasy and rainy over here, and I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping and yet I still got time to read Let it Snow. Written by three different authors, Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle, it is a holiday romance. I'm planning on taking it on the plane to Houston. :) (to read...again in the past two months. :D)

So the only reason I got this is because I got Insurgent and it was marked with a buy one get one half price stickers, so I just picked up a Christmasy looking book. :) Turned out it was good.

It's a romance novel, set on Christmas eve, about three different sets of people. So, I'm not going to go into the plot, because that is always a give away. But basically, these three sets of people all meet in one town by some strange and remarkable way.

I really enjoyed Let it Snow. It was hilarious. I mean, I read a part of it on the tube. Yeah, bad idea. I was literally laughing out loud. All these people were just sorta staring and subtly moving away from me.

So other than the humor it was moderate. The first half, The Jubilee Express was definetly my favorite part. The romance was very good in that one, as was the humor. The second part,  A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle, was ok, but a little disappointing after the Jubilee Express. The last but not least part was the Patron Saint of Pigs. It wasn't really about romance, but basically a barista who is a bit self centered and was clumsy and forgetful. She basically forgets this teacup pig, and has to get it before her friend who thinks she is already to sefish finds out she forgot her pig. :)

So it wouldn't be one of my FAV. reads, but it would be considered pretty good. All in all, it's good to read when you have some spare time during the holiday season because your snowed in, rained in, or you simply can't be bothered to go outside. I recommend it served with a cup of Echinacea and Rasberry tea and a window sill to look out of. (The window sill I didn't have...but does a plane window count? All I know is it was nice to look up every once in a while and look out the window and then dive back into the book. Do you know what I mean? :))

So yes, read it and enjoy it. :D

Happy Reading, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
Scarlet

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha, I'll have to see if my library has that book, and YES, I TOTALLY know what you mean about diving in and out of books. :D The best thing is when you're on a plane, you look down to ocean, read more, look down, more ocean, read more, look down, and BAM - land. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally read it..but only if you have some spare time. :)

      Delete
  2. you are brilliant. that is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nisha! You are brilliant too! I just got into Houston….jetlagged soooo bad. By 8:00 here in Houston I was so ready for bed. :)

      Delete