But, here we are, 2014. (almost….) I have plans for a New Years Eve party (Yay!) which includes Just Dance 2014….plus root beer floats. (Double Yay!)
And as 2013 draws to a close, I realize that I did my top favorite movies….which has nothing to do with writing, by the way…and not top favorite books of this year. (that I’ve read this year, not that came out this year.)
Without further ado….
Wait, hold it, hold it. I have a story. Once upon a time there was this blogger who got sick with strep throat. She had such a high fever she had hallucinations. Then she got a cold. Then she got all better. That blogger was me. The end. (Just thought I’d let you know….I don’t actually know why I said that…but the point is, I’m all better! :))
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
This book. Just this book. It changed my life. I am Divergent, I can not be controlled. I am selfish; I am brave. I have a theory those two are the same thing. I don’t wanna be just one thing, I wanna be kind, and selfless, and smart, and truthful, and brave. I wanna be Amneditedoress. :) Here is the trailor for the 2014 movie……!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
This definetly was a great book. I’m really surprised they didn’t make it into a movie earlier! (Though if they had, Asa Butterfield wouldn’t be in it….that would be a big setback!) I just got it for Christmas from my lovely sister Addison (plus watching the movie with her….!!!) It has a lot more depth than most books I”ve read this year, which was nice. I really like the way it ended. If you haven’t read this book, … READ IT OR ELSE YOU WILL BE MISSING OUT ON A LOT OF GOOD READING!
Here is also the trailer for the movie…I can’t figure out who is who though….except Ender.
3. Eragon (the Inheritence Cycle) by Christopher Paolini
May I just take a moment to say, Christopher Paolini was fifteen when he wrote these. He was home schooled. May I just say, Oh yeah. That’s right. This book actually got me interested into the fantasy genre, right now I’m actually working on a mini project set in fantasy.
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I wish this was lower on my list of insperational and good books, but it is what it is. The Hunger Games gave me a good idea of what people like and want to read, not just what I want to read. Plus, it was pretty entertaining.
5. Double Vision by F. T. Bradley
This book gave me a really good concept of how to give the perfect balance of humor and light, happy things, and then alternately suspense and sad things. Plus it was very interesting and I read it all in one night….
Those are my top five good reads this year. A bit skimpy compared to the movies, but hey, I don’t really have a lot of time on my hands. (Except to watch movies…:D)
Happy Writing!
Scarlet
Christopher Paolini is my utter inspiration; he's the reason why, when everyone else says "it won't grow", I'm like, "Psh, whatever." ^_^
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you're back to full health!
I love Christopher Paolini. I hold him with so much respect.....:) Yes, I'm all back to normal.....but now my younger sister's down! :) Moved through us like dominoes!
ReplyDelete