Wait...is it spring already? It seems like just a few weeks ago we were ringing in the new year, and now we are four months into it.
Even though it's a little early to say so (and I'll probably jinx it by saying so), I am loving 2015 for a number of reasons, primarily picking writing back up (whoop whoop). And, yes, I realize I'm not one of ~those~ blogs, but I am pretty happy with what I've accomplished since January and feel the need to share it with you lovely readers.
Since January, I have:
1) Started writing again. Hurrah, I'm back into writing! Since about autumn of last year, I had stopped writing; lack of ideas and a sudden explosion of events and problems known as life basically decapitated my writing-fervor. And then suddenly, voila! I can write again (and actually want to write). Already I have reworked two - yes, two - chapters. So little, but yet it made a huge difference! (C'mon, you know one poorly written paragraph, let alone chapter, can throw off the whole story!)
2) Began exercising. Now, I am not the fitness/healthy/your-body-is-your-temple-treat-it-that-way type of person. In fact, I'm more of the 'scrolling counts as excercise, right?'and 'eat what you want, you'll die anyways' kinda gal. I started running in December (no, this was not a cliche new year's resolution) and actually have found I really love it! And it's not because I'm fast or crazy good at long distances (because I am neither) but because when you run all you can think about is one thing at a time: be that the pain (Oh dear God help me my lungs can't take it anymore!) or the beautiful view (I run right by the boats and the river Thames, it's gorgeous) or even a problem that you've faced during the day (for instance, math, how much darn homework you have, or that story that you just can't figure out to fix and oh dear God the pain is so intense! I don't think my legs'll make it back!). Running...wait for it...jogged my creativity and I was overwhelmed with story ideas.
3) Spiritually trying to grow. Even though we are just a few months into the year, I feel like already I've learned so much about God. In our youth group we are currently talking about our mission, something that I've been really interested in since I can remember. It has been really tough trying to find my mission (sorry to be dumping all these Christian cliches on you all at once, but...), but I have found some things that aren't my mission. So I guess if you can't find out one find out the other, eh?
4) New hobbies and passions. Writing and reading are all great things to strengthen your mind, but I went on hiatus from both those for a time last year. And for a while the only thing I did in my free time was Netflix, but I eventually found new hobbies. Among them being: Baking/cooking and coding.I found new passions (that when discovered were followed by copious amounts of pinteresting) like coding, running, fashion (especially copious amounts of this one), goats (Imma be honest with ya, not so sure about why this one myself. All I know is that now sometime in my lifetime I want a goat farm.),and classic movies (especially Katharine Hepburn...ugh, she is so iconic, both film wise and fashion wise) (bonus points: learning how to use 'iconic' to describe someone's style from hours of pintersting).
Well, this post had almost nothing to do with writing, but I enjoyed writing it, so that counts, right? Anyway, I am trying to be better at writing and blogging more regularly, not just when inspiration strikes. What are some of your favorite new things you've started this year?
Happy Writing!
Scarlett
Wahahaha, yay! Another author who enjoys running! Glad to see that you're back in the internet world; I've missed your fun posts~ :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, glad to be back!
Delete