Thursday, 10 April 2014

People, this is an important step!

Yes, yes it is, my dear people of the World Wide Web. This step, you ask?

The Theme!

I happen to forget to add a theme. All the time. Every single time. Heres something you should know about me: Im about as patient as, er, an impatient person. Seriously, I hate planning stories. Screw that, let’s just sit down and write. Yep, not the greatest trait.

So, since I usually don’t plan, I often forget to put in a theme. It’s alright; go hang your head at my inability. :)

But, regardless, theme’s are important. One of the first (give or take) things I do when I first read a book is to determine the theme. (An example, you ask....) Well, let’s just use a well-known example: the Hunger Games. War/mindless killing is evil. That’s pretty apparent, to anyone who’s read the books. Another? Ender’s Game. I intereptreted the theme as to not abuse your power. You see example of power abusers (Peter, Colonel Gragg (at least to some extent) and Mazer Rackham.) but Ender and Valentine (and to some extent Mazer Rackham) do not abuse their power.

So, finding a theme is always the hardest part for me. I don’t know bout you...but it takes me weeks to come up with even a lame terrible one. Sad, for an author.

And this post is really just to remind people: THE THEME IS IMPORTANT.

When you're planning a new ground-breaking story, plan a theme as well. Trust me, it saves a ton of time later. :)

Happy Writing!
Scarlet

Btw, wisdom from a six year old girl: The Big Bang Theory is dumb. How would there be anything before the Big Bang to make the Big Bang?


3 comments:

  1. Did you...did you just quote my blog? (≧◡≦) I ish sho happy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er, no...um, what makes you say that?! Haha, guilty...:D

      Delete
    2. Whaaa?! Don't be ashamed; I'm actually flattered that my stuff was good enough for you to want to quote it. xD

      Delete