Friday, 25 October 2013

New Title, New name, New characters

Okay, just realized something. Dead Earth? Not so original. Spur of the moment decision to name my book, The Dead Earth. Actually, it's not even about earth! *takes deep breathes*

So here are some alternate titles:

-Experiment 56
-The Arena
-Rebel/ Rebellion
-The Prophesy of Chandra (or Gālian)
- Doubleblade
-Shadow Slayer
-Ruthless
-A Dark World

All not in favor of the last one, say "aye." Aye. It is a complete rip off of Thor: The Dark World. But then again, its dark world not the dark world. :)

Right so. I am completely open to name suggestions... Finding names is not my strong point. Hero is my main character...so a rip off of Much Ado About Nothing. (Side note, just went to see it in theaters [free movies all week, but only certain films] and my gosh, Joss Whedon rocked the Avengers, but romance is not his strong point. It should have been rated DR for dirty romance.) My helper character/side kick/ not-my-protagonist-but-second-to-her is named Callum nicknamed Cale. Original? Pretty original if you ask me. Weird and not a real name? Definitely.

While I am on the subject of names, I need a futuristic science-y geek name for a guy. I was considering Camden, Peter, or Pierre. Whad'ya think? His co-worker's name is Raven. She will probably be most like me. Except in the fact that she will wear glasses and I happen to be blessed with 20/20 eyesight. Lucky me.

Got a little side tracked there, but if anyone has any name that is debatably better than these, leave it in the comment box. And if you prefer one of the new titles to the old one, leave your preference in the comment box.

Happy Writing!
Scarlet

P.S. On the subject on names, changed mine! If I ever get published it will say, "By Scarlet Willow" I mean, Jordan Maupin doesn't have that magical effect on people (Maupin is apparently not a word. The computer keeps underlining it in red.) Take Lemony Snickket, for example, everyone wants a name like that, right? Sorry, a little bit sidetracked there too, but...yeah. My new's name's Scarlet. At first I had, Scarlet Yellow, but two colors in a name, a bit over kill on the imagination. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love the writing name! It's good!
    As for your title, I really, really, really like "Ruthless", but I think I'll have to keep reading before I can give a justified title suggestion. x) No joke, the title of my story right now is just "Backup", and that was because I had kept a back-up of my story, worked edits on the back-up by accident, then decided to just save it... x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Thanks for the title suggestion. My first chapter will hopefully be ready to put on my blog in about a week…hopefully is the key word there! :)

    ReplyDelete