Friday, 11 October 2013

My new Favorite Villain

I read on a friends blog (click here for her blog and here for her choice of characters) that it helps to make a character more life like to choose an actor or someone with a face (that shouldn't be to hard to find now, should it?) and base your character of that person.

My villain is going to be amazing. (I hope.) (I always did like my villains best...I wonder what's wrong with me...) So I needed someone amazing to represent him. So I chose Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock is aloof, powerful, smart, and tricky. Perfect for a villain. The only problem is Sherlock is good, villains are bad. Guess I'm gonna have to fix that somehow....Oh wait! I know! *facepalm* Moriarty. James Moriarty. The perfect evil villain of all times. (Maybe next to Loki but...still...it's perfect) For all of you geeks *coughs awarkwardly* who watch Sherlock from BBC *blushes and coughs some more* you'll know what I mean when I say the perfect villain. Irish, not bad looking, slippery, nonchalant, and down right the devil-in-carnate. And it didn't take long to follow up that conclusion to use Moriarty as my villain to then say, "Where in the world is Sherlock??!!" So, I've decided to use Sherlock as my humble protagonist's side kick's side kick. 

I know, if my work is anywhere near as good as Stephen Moffat's, (Writer of Sherlock and Doctor Who) I will faint. Or pass out. Or have heart attack. Or die. Or all of the above.

Stephen Moffat is a British televison writer (which I don't watch. At all. *blushes and clears throat*) Okay. I can't lie. I am officially addicted to BBC and Stephen Moffat. Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Merlin: all BBC. (Let's not forget ITV: Downton Abbey. Btw, the fourth series just came out in London, so I know what's going on already!!! Haha, all you Downton fans!) But moving back to Stephen Moffat. Moffat became Doctor Who's head writer when Matt Smith became the Doctor. It is now a given fact that Stephen Moffat had no heart. *tears falling down face* *screams out "Doctor! No!" and curses Stephen Moffat for ripping our hearts out*

Stephen Moffat is convinced that breaking everyones heart is a good thing and will keep up viewers. Well I'll say, "It's not working! It looks like for once everyone is gonna have to live! Ha to you Moffat!" Unfortunantely, Moffat's plan totally works.

But I digress. Back on the subject of...my new bestie....my villain in The Dead Earth. I think we can all guess who my villain is going to be, but I won't ruin it for you. Spoilers! (Couldn't resist adding that in! Hehehehe, all those Whovians will understand.) Annyywwaaaayyss....back to my villain. So anyways, I based my evil friend of James Moriarty, using actor Andrew Scott's face. (He plays Moriarty in Sherlock) So what do you think? The perfect villain?

That is Andrew Scott as Moriarty. This will be my villain when he's in Gālian.
This will be him when he's in Hūmian. Still the same fellow, just more toned down. More...uh...normal?

This will be my protagonist's side kick's side kick. (I know, it's confusing. Don't worry *pats person on the back* you'll get it one day, mate.)

That is Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, with the much hated hat. (Can someone please tell me why in the world he wears a that kind of hat!!??) Anyywaaayys....moving on.

This is Benedict Cumberbatch as...well...himself, I guess. 

So that's who I am basing two of my characters off, and of course my protagonist is based off me. Do you guys think it's prideful or strange to base protagonists off yourself?  Also another thing I can't do is make guys my main character. I just don't understand what goes on in guy's brains other than, "Did you see that football game?" I'm guessing my understanding is a bit limited...let's blame that lack of knowledge on me having no brothers. Just three other sisters. My house is full of, "What should I wear?" and "I have no good clothes!". Life is hard. Really hard. Just kidding. :) 

Back to the topic. Anywaysssss. So were was I? Oh yeah. Me being the protagonist. I like to imagine myself (Of course in a made up world) as one of those super-strong always-aim straight kinda gals. Sad to say, that's not really me. At all. I'm more of those commanding people that sit back and watch. But anyways, I've worked out that if you put a super-strong always-aim-straight people as your protagonist, people tend to hate them. I know 'cuz I've tried. Put them as a side kick, like a side kick's side kick's side kick. (It's okay if you didn't process them correctly. You'll get it one day.)
This is me, the model for your humble protagonist. (Obviously not humble enough not to do model poses! :)) Annyywwaayyss....there's a face to go with the character. Or the back of one anyways. 
Now there's a face to go with the character! (If your'e wondering what I'm doing rubbing a pigs snout, it's a long story. Basically, I went to some Florencian market in Florence where the myth is, if you don't rub this pigs snout, you won't be coming back to Florence. Of course I rubbed it so I could go back to Florence!! :) (It was gross though, a steady stream of water pouring from it's snout, all I could think about was spit!)(Btw, if you want to read about my family's travels in Europe, visit my sister's blog.)

So there you have the models of  my new bestie the villain, my side kick's side kick, and my protagonist. Let me know what you think, and if you have any other perfect evil devil-in-carnate kinda guys. (Unless they're the Muppets, cause then I already know about them. I briefly considered using Kermit as the villain...but then I thought, "A frog villain? You've got to be joking.)  Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think of my choices!

Keep writing! 

JM




4 comments:

  1. "I may be on the side of the angles, but do not think for one second i am one of them."
    SHERLOCK DON'T LEAVE US!!! WHEN IS SEASON 3???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angels you mean. Season 3!!! Stephen Moffat will rip our hearts out all over again...*wipes away tears*

      Delete
    2. you know what i mean…. anyway, how could you describe moriarty as normal???? he is everything but normal…. don't forget to check your mail, i'm sending you something sherlock related. :)

      Delete
  2. Um...he just looks normal in that picture. He's not giving us a death-by-a-smile look is he?

    ReplyDelete