I am going to go to the midnight premier. Possibly. Maybe I'll take mom for her birthday. :)
I just returned from a delightful trip to Stephanville, TX with my older sister Addison to see friends who I see once a year. Coincidentally, she is is my bestie. (And the older sister of my BFF Rebekah is one of Addison's BFFs, Sarah.) In past trips they have enlightened us on the way of country living. (Or, getting the full country experience, per my words. That led to slaughtering chickens, wading in a muddy creek with the fear of River Monsters hanging over us, and all the other lovely farm work. :))
This trip it was to cold to actually do a lot outside, but we do have one very important story to share. Ladies and Gentlemen, an unofficial short story.
*******
Bekah and I watched with bubbling laughter as Sarah gracefully slid into the panda onesie. Addison had already shoved her thin frame into her tiger onesie, and had proceeded to walk around the house in this onesie. It was nearing 7:30, and Bekah and Sarah's older brother Zane called us to the car.
With much giggling and pictures, we all climbed into the car. After a fifteen minute drive of "haha, we are so rebellious" in sarcastic tones and "I'm going to make people pay fifty dollars for a picture", Zane dropped us at Cici's pizza. Upon entering, the manager looked up, and simply stated (Repressing laughter, of course)
"Ya'll look warm."
"We are! See? It's fleece lined!" Addison somehow showed him the inside of her "fleece lined" sleeve. The rest of us laughed, along with the staff.
Many cinnamon rolls later, we decided to shame Zane by going to see him at the restaurant next door. He was sitting in a corner with his friend. We waved and went all cooky for a while, then waved and started to leave. Bekah and I were halfway out the door when one of the staff at this restaurant called out to Addison and Sarah, "Hey! I like your outfits!"
We walked (A very cold and long (hardly) walk) across this stretch of shops and entered the local Cinema 6. There the cashier looked up, and just laughed. She gave us the tickets and watched as we disappeared into the dark cinema.
********
Going into Walmart in onesies was a lot less daunting then I thought, because, well, Walmart has tons and tons of wacko's dressed in worse things than a onesie. But go we did, and after picking up a gallon or so of Sunny D and getting Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, we began to leave. To our great and utter amusement, the waiter that called out "Hey! I like your outfits!" was there. He showed his girlfriend our onesies and then asked, "Where'd y'all get these?"
"London!"
"Oh."
"But you can order them online, so…"
"Cool. But I want one with a stomach and tiger paws on the feet."
"Uh-huh."
Then we left, still laughing.
*******
In case y'all were confused, basically, Addison and Sarah went in panda and tiger onesies to eat at Cici's and go see Frozen. Bekah and I went as normal people. :)
So, there is my mini story. It was all based on real life circumstances. :)
And, before I sign off, I must say Frozen was the best Disney film in a long time. Perhaps in all time. Go see it if you haven't seen it, because Olaf is amazing and likes warm hugs. :D
Happy writing and onesie wearing!
Scarlet
YESYESYES. If you had the money to fly me out to London, I'd pay for your ticket to go see the Lego movie withcha. Also, Frozen...guys...Frozen beat Beyoncé in records-sold, k? THAT MOVIE IS AWESOME. xD
ReplyDeleteOh girl yes. Just yes. I'm gonna have to find one of my British friends to come with me on opening night of the Lego movie! :)
ReplyDelete